- last fortnight – I changed my solid meal a day to lunchtime instead of dinner (with mixed results) and enrolled in a kettlebell class!
This fortnight was intense; my mother had major surgery and I started a new job, so I kept my goals very modest.
New things I tried:
- New teas to help with cutting back on my coffee intake (Cafe Latte and Mint Slice – yes those really are tea flavours!)
- Enrolled in a ladies’ golf class (it’s something I’ve always wanted to do!)
Now that I’ve been doing the single solid meal a day for several weeks, I’m starting to see some consistent fat loss results. At roughly 0.5kgs (1.1 pounds) a week, it’s slow progress – but it’s a steady and sustainable rate that doesn’t require too much sacrifice on my part.
This fortnight my coffee intake was a bit too high, as I had loads of meet-and-greet discussions with people in my new job, so I ended going out for coffee rather a lot!
The kettlebell classes are up-and running, and are loads of fun – and very challenging!
Here’s my progress summary this fortnight:
# WEEKS 9 and 10
In building upon my progress so far, this fortnight, I:
- Continued to only eat one solid meal per day
- Added another activity to my weekly schedule (a weekly golf class)
- Mood/energy/sleep quality: AWFUL! The city I live in suffered a bit of a heat-wave, so it’s been very difficult to sleep.
- Physical ailments: I felt pretty tired this fortnight, though that could well be due to all the bad weather and new job stress
- Weight loss: 1 kg (2.2 pounds)
[See also: Weeks 7 and 8]